Our Commitment to Hygiene and Safety
For more than 30 years, Red Sea Hotels has been committed to ensuring the comfort, enjoyment and safety of our guests.
In this time we have always placed the highest emphasis on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and our team members, with exacting standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
With the arrival of COVID 19, and in keeping with World Health Organization and Egyptian Ministry of Tourism guidelines, we have implemented a number of additional measures across our hotels. We have highlighted below some of the key measures that are now in place to ensure your safety and that of our team members.
Please rest assured that this summary is supported by a detailed set of procedures that regulate every aspect of the operation of our hotels, combined with a comprehensive staff training programme and on-going monitoring. To ensure that process that all standards and protocols are adhered to, each hotel has a dedicated Hygiene and Safety Manager.
We are proud of the work undertaken by our team to make our hotels safe for our guests, and we look forward to welcoming you to enjoy a relaxing, enjoyable and, most of all, safe holiday in our beautiful country.
- The hotel is open only to resident guests and staff. There is no access for non-residents.
- A self-declaration form is in place at guest check-in which covers COVID-19 symptoms. Any guest who has these symptoms is required to undergo a medical examination prior to check-in.
- Temperature readings are taken on arrival at the hotel, on any subsequent entry to the hotel, and at all restaurants. Staff temperature readings are taken at least once per day. All readings are taken using contactless infra-red thermometers.
- Specialist medical and sanitisation teams are on call should anyone be detected with symptoms of COVID-19. We have detailed procedures in place for isolating or quarantining guests or staff members where a COVID-19 diagnosis is suspected or confirmed.
- Guest luggage will be sanitised on check-in and check-out from the hotel. Valet services have been suspended.
- Correctly formulated hand sanitisers are in place in guest rooms, restaurant tables and all public spaces, including entrances, lobbies, corridors, cloak rooms, etc.
- All touch points in public areas like door handles, elevator buttons, counter tops, table tops, railings, etc, are cleaned frequently using a sanitiser/disinfectant. These practices are also in place in guest rooms during housekeeping and turndown service.
- Masks and disposable gloves are being worn by all team members at all times and changed frequently. Housekeeping staff use fresh gloves for every room they service.
- All guest rooms are limited to a maximum capacity of two adults, or two adults and one child in suitable room types.
- Guest rooms will be sanitised after departing guests check out, then remain vacant for a minimum of 48 hours before being reallocated.
- Elevators are limited to 50% of normal capacity.
Restaurants & Bars
- Protocols are in place for staff in the kitchens, restaurants, in-room dining and bars to sanitise their hands every time they serve food and drinks or touch food and drink related items.
- Restaurants and seating in public areas have been reconfigured to ensure a safe distance of at least 2 meters between dining tables, and 1 meter between guests sharing a table. A maximum of 6 guests from one family can be seated at any table.
- All restaurants will operating with table service and menu ordering. There will be no buffet service available.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised between guest seatings. Disposable cutlery will be used where possible.
- Shisha pipes will not be available.
Leisure & Recreation
- Sunbeds in public areas, swimming pools and beaches have been positioned a minimum of 2 meters apart to ensure a safe distance is maintained between guests.
- Beach towels will be provided in guest rooms, rather than at shared towel stations, and will be replaced with freshly laundered towels on request.
- Services requiring close personal contact, such as massage, spa treatments and hairdressing, are suspended. Jacuzzis, saunas and steam room facilities remain closed.
- Sporting and recreational activities will operate a reduced service to ensure that safe distance is maintained between guests, and that all equipment can be sanitised properly between use.
- Group events, such as evening entertainment, shows, parties and weddings, are suspended.